|Posted by BGF FitnessSite on January 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM|
7 Nutrients To Eat For Hair Growth & Strength
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids –Your body can’t make them, but your hair needs them to grow.
Found In: Salmon, Avocado, Flax Seed/Flax Seed Oil, and Walnuts
2. Vitamin D –Strengthens hair and minimizes breakage.
Found In: SUN! Your skin eats it!. At least 10 minutes a day and your body will do the rest!
3. Zinc – Prevents hairloss and prevents dry scalp.
Found In: Nuts, Eggs, Pumpkin Seeds, Dark Chocolate, and Raw Cacao
4. Beta Carotene –Necessary to produce the oils that moisturize your hair and scalp.
Found In: Sweet Potatoes,Carrots, Spinach, Collard Greens, Kale, Turnip Greens, Winter Squash, and Green Cabbage
5. Iron – Builds healthy blood, aids in oxygen circulation through the body to the scalp.
Found In: Spirulina, Quinoa, Eggs, Spinach, Lentils, Fish, Broccoli, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, and iron cookware.
6. Vitamin C –Deficiency in this nutrient can lead to breakage.
Found In: Oranges,Berries, and Tropical Fruits.
7. Vitamin E – Protects the hair from damage as a result of daily environmental exposure. It helps your existing hair stay healthy, rather than experiencing a DNA breakdown due topollution, free-radicals, and other environmental factors.
Found In: SunflowerSeeds, Broccoli, Kiwi, and Tomato.